Daily Blog #22: Digitization of the Puffenberger Religious Artifacts Collection

Today was very productive! Amal and I started our day off with a discussion about our goals for next week and decided that it would be best if we started to work on our collaborative paper. After our discussion, Amal continued to edit the video footage from our interviews with the professors and I proofread and pulled out some of the artifacts that had suspicious titles. With the help from a couple of the professors we interviewed, it became clear that some of the artifacts do not match the specific title, so Amal and I will have to fix those sometime in the near future.

After lunch, we met with Dr. Newton and completed his video interviews. Because Dr. Newton had taught courses on Islam, we asked him to talk mostly about the Islamic artifacts. In addition to the Islamic artifacts, Dr. Newton also focused on some of the Christian artifacts, including the St. Francis of Assisi garden ornament, the Protestant Cross, and the Glass Virgin Mary. Dr. Newton provided a lot of insight on these objects and added to the website’s overall content. Tomorrow, I hope to take photos and 360-degree videos of new artifacts and upload them to Omeka.

• Hannah Ciocco

-Pictured above is a spreadsheet of the new Buddhist artifacts that I cataloged this week.