Space for Creativity!

This summer, I am grateful to have had the unique opportunity to work with Dr. Donald Kraybill, Senior Fellow Emeritus at the Young Center, located here at Elizabethtown College, on a new podcast project. The podcast project is related to one of his upcoming books, which is being published through Johns Hopkins University Press. Throughout this project, I was able to strongly utilize the Podcast Studio located within the Digital Humanities Hub to completely achieve all of the set podcast goals, gain a better understanding of how the technology works, and realize all that it can do for students such as myself.

It was extremely beneficial this summer to have gained an understanding as to how helpful the Podcast Studio, and the Digital Humanities Hub Space as a whole, is to the academic experience. This understanding is shown by the fact that it crossed my mind how many projects and creative ideas, throughout prior and future semesters, the Digital Humanities could have, or can, help with. Now, I am already looking forward to the opportunity to come back during the next academic semester and utilize the space in some way to assist with my education. It is a space for creation!

In one word, my experience working in the Podcast Studio with Dr. Kraybill this summer was – valuable. The Digital Humanities Hub is such a valuable place that can assist students academically and creatively, with a wide variety of projects. I would encourage all students to make sure to take a look and really utilize it!

Eric Schubert ’23