Day 20 of the Digital Curation of Puffenberger’s Religious Artifacts

Today Dr. Puffenberger came in so we could interview him for out website. In addition to the multiple artifacts we had picked out for him, Dr, Puffenberger picked out some of his favorites to talk about such as the Shiva Nataraja that Dr. Long talked about yesterday, to discuss and the wooden Confucius and he story behind how he got them. Dr. Puffenberger also came in with more artifacts, all of which were Chinese traditional to add to our collection. Many of the artifacts were books that included his own translation of the Tao Te Ching, which he worked on with a Chinese professor. Dr. Puffenberger explained almost all of the origins of the artifacts and provided a lot of intriguing stories behind some of them. Today I worked on editing the clips that we have so far of Dr. Long and Dr. Puffenberger. It is taking me a lot longer than I expected but I enjoy doing it. I have completed about 4 clips of artifacts. I was able to detach audio from the interviews and place them over pictures so when both professors pointed our specific features of the artifacts, I could close up on a picture with their commentary still happening in the background. Tomorrow I plan to come in early to get some more editing done.

-Amal Ismail