Daily Blog #11: Digitization of the Puffenberger Religious Artifacts Collection

I have really enjoyed being able to handle and work with all of the artifacts these past two days. Having a goal of cataloging 25 artifacts by the end of the week is a daunting goal, but because I enjoy this subject so much, it does not feel like work at all. With my future goal of becoming a museum curator, I am gaining some valuable experience that I would not be able to get through just a class or internship.

With the weekly goal of cataloging 25 artifacts, today I cataloged four artifacts but added dimensions and scale photos to the five other artifacts that I cataloged yesterday. I cataloged the Red Buddha, the statue of Ganesha, Michelangelo’s Moses, and Middle Eastern Coins today. All of these artifacts were very beautiful and had different stories to tell. After Amal and I returned from lunch, we ran into a problem. Carol had to leave for a meeting off campus and forgot that we needed the keys to the collection this afternoon, so she locked them up. Without the keys, it made it impossible for me to take any more photos for the hour that she was gone. Fortunately, Carol returned early that afternoon and showed me where the keys were kept. Overall, today had been an enjoyable and productive day!

• Hannah Ciocco