Daily Blog #8: Digitization of the Puffenberger Religious Artifacts Collection

Hello! We started off our day a little bit earlier with detailed team meeting. The meeting was very helpful and Dr. Newton shared his thoughts on the website’s direction. After the meeting I edited the “About”, “Dr. Puffenberger”, and “Contributors” pages. After getting rid of grammatical errors and adding some more information, those pages are looking better! After I edited, I figured out how to embed an interactive carousel that will show pictures of the featured items using one of the Plugins. However, the Plugin would not allow me put the carousel on the homepage, but rather on the simple pages. Fixing this glitch is one of my goals for tomorrow. I also emailed the librarians, Tom and Sarah to thank them for all of their help so far and to keep them up-to-date on the progress of our SCARP project.

After our lunch break, Amal continued to work on her research and started to input all of the Dublin Core information. Using the resources that Tom sent me, I was able to use standard terminology when describing and categorizing the items. There are many sections to be filled including, date, format, type, and language. After I filled in the information, I proof-read and edited the descriptions that Amal wrote about each Buddhist artifact. Overall, today was another jam-packed day that kept Amal and I busy!

• Hannah Ciocco