Daily Blog #4: Digitization of the Puffenberger Religious Artifacts Collection

Today was a day of firsts! After we purchased the Omeka plan, I began developing the site. Shortly after I began playing around with the editing tools I quickly found out the Plugins, which are used for enhancing the design and layout of the website, need to be coded. This was my first time ever coding. So, the experience was a little testing but eventually I made some major progress on the design and set-up of our Omeka site. I was able to use the simple pages Plugin to add links to the navigation bar and search bar. Also, Amal and I finalized the categories for our Excel spreadsheet and added those to the website.

After spending a long time learning and working on CSS code, I moved on to finding a way to create a moving picture with my still artifact photos that I took yesterday. After some research, I figured out a way to do it on Google Photos. So, I upload my still photos and stitched them together to make a moving 360 degree animation. I then figured out how to successfully upload it onto Omeka. Through all of my research and progress today I had become more familiar with coding and photoshop, two subjects that I barely new anything about before today.

• Hannah Ciocco

This is a video, made by Carol Ouimet, that shows the process of the original cataloging of the Puffenberger collection.