Day 22 – Anatomy Art

Hello Again!

It’s been a while since I’ve added a blog post – the end of last week I was out of the office. Aubrey and I came back yesterday to finish up the last week of the project! It is a very strange feeling, partly because I can’t believe the 5 weeks are over yet, but also because we have so much to do in the remaining days that it feels like we still have weeks to go. While it is a little daunting, Aubrey, Rebecca V, and I make a great team. I’m confident we can get it all done, though it may take a few late nights.

We were unable to meet with Celia today, but she gave us the last of the Middle Level lesson plans! They are up on the website and that page is completely finished. Aubrey faithfully works on adapting them to be suitable to Secondary Level students.

We also have a meeting tomorrow with Dr. Goldina to propose buying a plan from Wix. To give a little background, we have used the free website plan so far, but it is limited in what we can do to make the website available to the public. With a plan, we could have more storage space, unlimited bandwidth (which I previously had no idea was a thing. apparently it helps with multiple visitors viewing the media on the site. I learned a new word!), a domain name (www.anatomyart.edu!), business email, site booster so we can be found on Google, and visitor analytics! The visitor analytics is particularly interesting to me as Dr. G and I think about completing the quantitative data study next summer on the effectiveness of the class. With statistics about who/why people are visiting the site, that could be a valuable addition to our research.

Today we worked on the paper, lesson plans, adding finishing touches to the website, the VR tab, and finalizing the Information tabs. We even worked outside for a little bit! We also got approval from the IRB committee to send out our survey!

Thankful for this team and the amazing support of my fellow researchers. Check in tomorrow for updates on our meetings!

Rebecca Kruse, Class of 2021