Day 3- Anatomy Art

Welcome back folks, Day 3 is already here! Rebecca and I have been chugging away working on the shell of the website, and we’re honestly getting super excited about the project. We worked on the format of the shell we’ve completed so far, using the holy grail that is Wix. Without it I’m sure that us novices would have been stuck up the creek without a paddle. We honestly didn’t work too much on the shell today though as we had a meeting with mentors Dr. G and Carol.

We chose art pieces to start with and brought them back to start the process. First we cataloged them into a spreadsheet that numbers them, lists the artist name, medium, and what part of the body it depicts. Then we got to do the fun part: taking photos. One of the resources in the Hub is a beautiful piece of equipment, a collapsible lightbox. In the lightbox is an infinity white background to take clean professional looking shots, and when plugged in provides direct lighting to enhance the quality of the image. Rebecca and I took turns taking photos of the pieces and finished the first batch before lunch.

We were feeling ambitious so we went back to Dr. G’s office and grabbed another cartful of pieces to photograph. We managed to finish most of those, saving the larger ones for tomorrow to use a larger backdrop.

So far I am just so thankful for our enthusiasm regarding the project because I know had we not cared for the topic these weeks could have been very bad. I am also thankful for the amazing coworker I’ve found in Rebecca as we’ve managed to fall into a great work rhythm that helps us get the job done (hopefully well).

Check back next time for Becca’s update!

-Aubrey Mitchell

Etown 2020

A few pieces from Kruse and Mitchell’s first trip to get pieces to photograph.