Daily Blog #25: Digitization of the Puffenberger Religious Artifacts Collection

As we continued to work on the paper today and as my time on this project starts to dwindle, I wanted to focus on one of my favorite days of the project so far. I very much enjoyed last Tuesday when Dr. Puffenberger came to be interviewed. Not only were his stories about the artifacts very heartwarming and interesting, he also brought an entire basket filled with new artifacts to donate and show to us. The basket contained many books that he had accumulated during his travels to China. Also within the basket were handmade silks from China along with photos that Dr. Puffenberger took while he was abroad. Being able to talk about and see everything that Dr. Puffeneberger has done during his lifetime makes this project much more meaningful. Throughout our discussion, we were able to tell that this collection and his experiences mean to so much to him and I am glad that we are eternalizing his collection at Elizabethtown College.

• Hannah Ciocco

-Pictured above is one of my favorite silks that Dr. Puffenberger brought in that day.