Daily Blog #21: Digitization of the Puffenberger Religious Artifacts Collection

Today our main objective was to interview Dr. Kenley, a Professor of History. Dr. Kenley specializes in Asian Studies, specifically with interest in China. So, we asked him to tell us more about some of the Chinese artifacts. Dr. Kenley talked about the Wooden Confucius, Baoding Balls, Jade Altarpiece, and the Wooden Buddha, just to name a few. We recorded a lot of footage of Dr. Kenley and he provided a lot of extra information on these artifacts.

After the interview, Amal uploaded the footage to the computer and I began to take pictures of the new artifacts that Dr. Kenley focused on today. I took photos of the three new artifacts and also created 360-degree videos for each of them. I uploaded some of the pictures of the new artifacts that I took on Monday and began editing them. I also pieced together some of the 360-degree videos for the artifacts. Tomorrow, Amal and I hope to interview Dr. Newton on the Islamic artifacts and his previous use of the collection in his classroom. With all of this video footage, almost every object will have a video attached to it on Omeka!

• Hannah Ciocco

-Pictured above is Dr. Kenley talking about the Wooden Buddha