O.T. Student Wins NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship

Jacalyn Hikes
Jacalyn Hikes

Senior O.T. student, Jacalyn Hikes, received the prestigious NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship! The NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship is awarded to students who excel in athletics and academics. Ms. Hikes has been a member of the College’s field hockey team, and she is named to the College’s Dean’s list for her academic achievements.  She recently completed an Honors in the Discipline project within the O.T. department.

Ms. Hikes is pursing O.T. because of her passion to help others.  She says “Elizabethtown College’s occupational therapy program has provided me with an outstanding education that has prepared me for the experiences to come.  At this point, I am grateful for what Elizabethtown College’s Occupational Therapy program has provided me, and I look forward to seeing where it will take me in the future.”  Ms. Hikes is interested in adult physical rehabilitation but is also interested in exploring more about pediatrics, and is keeping her options open as she learns more about the profession.

Ms. Hikes is a graduate of Nazareth Area High school in PA.  She will begin her first level II fieldwork this summer and will return to E-town in the fall for the graduate year of coursework.  Congratulations, Jacki!

Associate Professor of Occupational Therapy.