Sometimes, faculty members find themselves with sensitive information, like tests, that they don’t just want to send to a printer and pick up later. Fortunately, ITS has a simple solution for easy printing without worrying that unwanted eyes will see your papers.
In the program that you want to print from, go through the steps as you would normally. Once you select your chosen copier/printer, click Printer Properties. In the pop-up window that opens, do the following things:
- Click on the Job tab.
- Check the box below the Job Storage option.
- Choose Job storage from the menu. You can specify the access code (password) in this screen, or click the check box at Prompt for access code to enter it in a separate screen later.
- Click OK.
To retrieve the job, go down to your copier/printer. Login, then:
- Select Job Box.
- Select Private Print/Stored Job, then press Open.
- Select your name from the list and press Open.
- Select the job you submitted and press Print.
- Enter the password.
Your files will print as you stand by, providing you with peace of mind!
For more information and step-by-step screenshots, visit our Knowledgebase article.