All campus staff and faculty now have access to Zoom Web Conferencing. Zoom is replacing WebEx as our web conferencing solution.
What is Zoom and what can you do with it?
Connect with anyone with an internet connection from PC, Mac, tablet or phone.
- Talk via phone or integrated audio via computer (VoIP).
- Text chat with attendees.
- Share your device screen, including audio.
- See attendees via webcam.
- Schedule meetings in advance and invite attendees via Outlook or other email program.
- Record a meeting locally or on the web and share link with others for later viewing.
If you previously used WebEx, rest assured that Zoom has all of the same features, but it is much easier to use and connecting to the audio is seamless. It is also a more stable and feature-rich solution than Skype. You will quickly see why we made this switch…video is crisp and audio is clear.
If you haven’t used a web conference tool before, why should you check out Zoom?
- No more snow makeup days. Simply web conference your class from your home.
- Students can attend class from anywhere.
- Guest speakers can speak to your class even if they can’t make it to campus.
- Your committee can still meet even if everyone can’t be on campus.
- You can teach an online class with live, synchronous sessions.
- You can interview candidates for a new position without having everyone travel to campus.
Everyone can get a free Basic Zoom account by visiting https://etown.zoom.us and logging in with your E-town credentials.
What do you get with a Basic account?
- Unlimited 1:1 meetings
- 40 minute meetings with up to 50 attendees
- Audio via computer (VoIP) or toll phone number
- Unlimited local recording
We have a limited number of Pro accounts that can be enabled as needed. To learn more about the differences between the Basic and Pro plan, visit: https://zoom.us/pricing. If you need a Pro account, contact Linda Macaulay and include the dates the Pro account is needed.
Contact Linda Macaulay with any questions.