Here are some of the new and updated features in Canvas:
- Dashboard Course Card Images: The course cards on the Dashboard view can now have an image uploaded on them. Were you missing having a banner image in your course? This is a great way to bring back that personalized feel.
- Hyperlinks Underlined: Would you prefer to view all links as underlined links? If so, you can now customize this setting in User Settings.
- Calendar Events: Have you ever mistakenly added an event to a calendar and then realized you put it on the wrong course calendar? Now you can edit the calendar where the event appears. Note: This does not yet apply to other calendar items like Assignments.
- Desktop Sharing in Conferences: You can now use the Chrome browser to share your desktop in a conference session. New enhancements should make desktop sharing faster, as well.
- Style Updates: Modules, Assignments, Conferences and Quizzes have received a style update so they are easier to read and words won’t get truncated on smaller screens. In addition, instructors will see a green bar to the left of an item if it is published in addition to the usual green cloud with a check mark to the far right of the item.
You may also want to check out the many free webinars that Canvas offers every month. There are many webinars over the next month. Check them out at the Canvas LIVE website.