The latest updates to Canvas include some extremely useful new features that many faculty and students have been hoping to see. Check out the screencast that details some of these features or read the full release notes for all of the details on the new features. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Calendar – Calendar events that have long names will now wrap to a new line so you can read the entire title.
- Grades and Course Navigation Menu – The course navigation menu is now available on the grades page. It is hidden by default to preserve screen real estate, but you can click the three blue lines in the upper left of the screen to expand and hide the course navigation menu.
- User Account and Logout – The logout button is now near the top of the User Account area in Canvas for quicker access.
- Gradebook – The gradebook will load incrementally now to improve speed and performance.
- Inactive Students – Inactive students can now be hidden in the gradebook via the settings cog near the upper right of the gradebook window.