Canvas is great for loading content files that we need students to access without having to print them out on paper. But adding lots of files to a module doesn’t have to be terribly time consuming. Thanks to Tam Humbert in our OT Department for catching this trick to add multiple files to a module!
Here is the guide for how to add content to a module, but the time-saver trick isn’t explicitly noted in the guide.
- First, be sure to upload all of the files you want to use in Canvas via the Files area of your course. Learn to do that in this help guide.
- Next, click on Modules.
- Click the + button next to the module heading under which you wish to add the files.
- Click the Add drop-down menu and choose File from the list.
- Click the names of the files you want to add and you press the Ctrl key, making sure they are highlighted in blue.
- Click the Add Item button.
This is so much faster than adding files one at a time! This trick works for assignments, too!