Sometimes applications just freeze and no matter what you do, you can’t turn them off. This is where a force quit is handy. You don’t have to shut down the computer, just the application.
- Press Control + Alt + Delete
(Image thanks to Wikipedia)
- Select Task Manager
(Image thanks to http://geektnt.com/keyboard-shortcut-for-windows-task-manager-in-windows-7-and-vista.html)
- Select the Applications tab
- Click the application that is “Not responding”
- Click End Task
- Close Task Manager
Three ways to Force Quit:
- Choose Apple menu > Force Quit, select the application in the list and click Force Quit.
- Hold down the Command and Option keys and press Esc.
- Hold down the Option key and click or press the application’s icon in the Doc