Day 41 of the Digital Curation of Puffenberger’s Religious Artifacts

Today, Dr. Puffenberger came by again to talk have more videos taken of him talking about a few of the artifacts. I particularly find the Kuanyin artifact from China very interesting and I felt it needed to be a featured item and the first video that we took of Dr. P talking about it wasn’t that great so he generously came by again to talk about it! Dr. P also talked about the African Indigenous twins that I also personally like in the collection and he was also able to confirm the research that the statues were indeed twins, which makes me feel better about publishing that artifacts.

Today I also took pictures of the twins together since I think they should be displayed together on the collection since they are rarely seen apart. I was able to take the pictures and make the animation! However I was unable to figure out how to post them onto the website. I think I am going to need Hannah for that since for some reason whenever I try to upload the photos, the actual images do not show up. I tried many different time in different way but decided talking to Hannah would be the most efficient way.

Before I go, I also need to make a decision about the video I did on the prayer rug. I watched it today and it is not bad, I am just wary of putting it on the website but I don’t anyone pointing out inaccuracies about the information I said in the interview. I don’t mind sharing a personal ritual that I personally do myself on the website, the only issue is that since this is an academic resource, I want to post accurate information and since that way I was taught to pray may not be how everybody does it, I am hesitant tp publish it. But I will show it to Carol tomorrow and see how I feel.

– Amal Ismail