Day 34 of the Digital Curation of Puffenberger’s Religious Artifacts

Today consisted of more research! I wen through and did six artifacts including adding links to all of them and going back and proofreading. There was one problem that I ran into and that was trying to figure out how to go about the research for the Chinese ink pad. For starters, the Chinese ink pad is associated with Chinese seals. I was able to do a lot of research on the Chinese seals and how they are significant but I was unable to find any useful information that defined the ink pad as an artifact. My solution was just to talk about what the ink was made out of, which is not really talking about the artifact, just how the artifact was made. As for right now, I have a link to the Chinese seals in the description for the ink pad because I do not think I can add any relevant information to that artifact, and since they are cataloged separately, I had to put something in the description. I will confirm with Hannah and Carol if this is the right approach or perhaps we should catalog the artifacts together since one does not go without the other. I will let you know what we decide on!

-Amal Ismail