Day 32 of the Digital Curation of Puffenberger’s Religious Artifacts

I have not written out a blog post in a long time but I wanted to do one today just to get my thoughts in words! Today begins the three weeks where I do my research “alone”. I am alone in the sense that I am physically alone working in the Hub, but Hannah and Carol are still available if I need any help at all. For this week, my plan is to complete research on the 20 artifacts that Hannah took pictures of to give our website a total of 53 completes artifacts on our website which I am really happy about since that is way past our goal of 20. Next week I plan on proofreading the website from head to toe to make sure I leave the website as pristine as possible. If I have time, I then was thinking about doing my own little side research project on one of the artifacts in the collection, just to expand on the research side of things and also add something to our ” For Students” page. I was thinking about writing a short paper or maybe a video of prayer beads and how that compare and contrast across multiple traditions. It something I am particularly interested in since I am an interfaith minor and this ties in really nicely to relating a particular item across all these religions. Tomorrow will probably be more of the same thing, but I am enjoying researching and will hopefully have a podcast up thats talks about how I got involved in the project in the first place as well as other obstacles I have faced while working on my research.

-Amal Ismail